To reset your Redmi to its original condition, you can choose either one of the following 2 methods:
i. Factory reset via Settings
- On your Redmi phone, find and launch the Settings app.
- Tap General Settings.
- Tap Backup & reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Next, you can decide if you want to remove the downloaded apps and the contents in the external SDcard.
- Once you’re ready, tap Reset phone.
ii. Factory reset using Power and Volume Down buttons
If for some reason you can’t get into the Settings to initiate a factory reset, try the method below:
- Power off your Redmi phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time.
- Release all buttons as soon as you see the menu below.
- Using the Volume Down button to scroll the pointer to Recovery Mode and press the Volume Up button to select.
- Once you see the Android lying down with the red hazard box, press the Power button to get the Android system recovery menu.
- Using the Volume Down button to highlight wipe data/factory reset and press the Volume Up button to select.
- Scroll to Yes — delete all user data, then press the Volume up button to select.
- After wiping out the data, you will get back to the Android system recovery main menu. Select Reboot system now.
Note: The steps here were written for Android 4.2.2 on a Redmi (HM1W). If you’re having a different model of Redmi or other version of Android, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.